Motor Codes Vehicle Warranty Products code explained
As a proud member of the Motor Codes’ Vehicle Warranty Products code of practice, the WMS Group are committed to improving standards and increasing protection for you.
Motor Codes is the government-backed, self-regulatory body for the motor industry, operating with the full support of the Trading Standards Institute. Through three codes of practice – New Car, Service & Repair and Vehicle Warranty Products codes – they are dedicated to driving up standards for consumers and the industry as a whole, whilst adding another layer of protection for the consumer.
Their Vehicle Warranty Products code was introduced in 2014 across a wide range of automotive warranty and insurance products, and commits subscribers to higher standards than required by law. This code currently represents around 70% of the industry’s major warranty providers with a combined administration in excess of three million policies. It ensures that participating warranty administrators adhere to clear advertising materials, point of sale obligations, clarity of information and complaints handling procedures.
As proud members of the Vehicle Warranty Products code, the WMS Group will ensure that:
1) Our products are advertised honestly and you are given appropriate advice in selecting a suitable product at the point of sale.
2) Clear pre-contractual information is provided in order for you to make an informed decision on the suitability of a warranty.
3) You will receive clear information regarding what is covered under the warranty.
4) We provide a cancellation period of 14 days.
5) We have a simple claims procedure to fairly and promptly process claims or request roadside assistance.
The code provides a free consumer advice line, access to free conciliation and an independent arbitration service for both insured products (i.e our Five Star and Ultimate warranties) and non-insured products that lie outside the remit of the Financial Ombudsman Service.
Please click here to download a copy of the code and advice service. For advice or guidance regarding an extended warranty product, contact Motor Codes’ advice line on 0800 692 0825 / 020 7344 1651 (9am – 5pm Monday – Friday excluding bank holidays).