Safe and Sound claims procedure
To make a warranty claim, please follow the below procedure:
1) Ensure that your repairer has diagnosed the fault and ascertained whether the failure would be covered under the terms of your policy. We have a vast network of approved WMS Group repairers that we can recommend if required, or alternatively you may be able to use your own repairer, but please check with our claims team beforehand.
2) Ensure that the repairer telephones our service desk on 01844 293810 to advise our engineers of the fault prior to any work being carried out. It may be necessary for parts to be dismantled to establish whether we have a liability under the agreement. If we do accept the repair, we will cover the cost of dismantling to form part of the claim. If we do not accept the repair, you will be responsible for the dismantling costs. Please note that all diagnostic costings are your responsibility, unless you have been provided with our Ultimate warranty or diagnosis has been included within your Five Star cover at the point of sale.
3) If we accept responsibility under the agreement, a repair authorisation code will be issued by our claim engineers to your repairer. NOTE: We will use service exchange or reconditioned parts if necessary and all labour charges are reimbursed in accordance with the KIS repair times. In the event of a dispute in respect of the liability, we will if necessary instruct an independent assessor to inspect the vehicle and report his findings, the result of which cannot be contested except by another independent assessor.
4) We must be notified within seven days of the occurrence of which we may have a responsibility.
5) Once a repair authorisation code has been provided, it remains valid for a period of three months. After this time the repair authority is automatically withdrawn.
What to do with the invoice:
Please ensure that the repair authorisation code is clearly marked on the invoice and state clearly who we are to pay, then send the invoice – along with any service invoices that may have been requested – to the WMS Group Ltd, Thame House, Thame Road, Haddenham, Buckinghamshire, HP17 8HU.
Please note that any repairs carried out without prior authorisation will not be reimbursed.